- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg replacers (in this recipe we use store bought powdered egg replacer)
- 3/4 cups vegan plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup vegan shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional, you can use 1 full teaspoon vanilla if leaving this out)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons plant based milk
- For the cookies, mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat together butter, and sugar until just combined.
- Mix the yogurt, egg replacer, and vanilla with the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, about 1/2 cup at a time, until well combined.
- Divide the dough in half, wrapping in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours.
- Once dough is ready, roll it out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut circles with a 2 inch cookie cutter, or using the rim of a small glass.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6 - 7 minutes, depending on the oven. They will still be very soft, but not doughy. Do not let them over bake!
- Let cookies cool and prepare frosting.
- Beat the butter and shortening together with an electric mixer.
- Add in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar.
- Add just enough milk to get the icing to a spreadable consistency.
- Spread frosting on cookies, and cover with sprinkles.