Some years ago my friend Deanne introduced me to The Little Insanity website. The all purpose gluten free flour mix recipe has since become my go to! It has worked great in every recipe I have ever used it in! If you are looking for a fail proof flour blend, check it out, along with the rest of their Gf and vegan recipes. Not that kind of vegan Is another great website to check out for a smaller batch Gf flour blend and other GF vegan recipes. You can just as easily use a store bough gluten free flour blend, I have just learned over time that I am far more pleased with the ones I have made at home! So check out both of these GF flour blends, and whip up a batch of these easy and tasty waffles!
- 1 3/4 all purpose gluten free flour blend. If your blend does not have xanthan gum in it, you will need to add 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/4 almond meal (or another 1/4 cup GF flour)
- 1 3/4 cups dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 flax egg
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix milk, flax egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Heat waffle iron on med/high heat and add 1/4 of your batter, following your waffle iron's cooking instructions.
Yields 4 regular size waffles.