- 1 cup cashews soaked in hot water for a few hours or microwaved for 3 minutes then drained
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or maple butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons plant based milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (if you only have regular, give them a pulse in the food processor first to break them up a bit)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a food processor, and blend until it becomes completely smooth. You may need to add the third tablespoon of milk if it seems too thick.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spoon.
- Line 2 small bowls, or ramekins, with a pieces of plastic wrap. You want a piece big enough that it will hang a good bit over the sides.
- Divide mixture evenly into the bowls. Now take the plastic wrap hanging over the edges, bring together and twist to seal up the cheese. Allow to harden in the fridge for 3 - 4 hours to firm up.
- Once cheese is ready, whisk together the chocolate coating ingredients until smooth.
- Remove both cheese balls from the bowls, and plastic wrap. Dip the bottom halves into the chocolate coating. It will instantly begin to harden because the cheese is cold.
- Put cheese balls in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
serve with fruit or cookies