If you have never had, or even heard of Alabama white sauce, let me introduce you! Alabama white sauce is a mayo based bbq sauce that originated in, you guessed it, Alabama! Its tangy and creamy and perfect slathered all over some grilled tofu skewers, grilled veggies, or honestly, just about anything! Whip up a batch and let me know all the ways you found to use this delicious and easy summer favorite!
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup giardiniera, just the veggies not the juice (this is an Italian condiment consisting of a variety of pickled vegetables, found in the pickle section of your grocery store)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until it is smooth.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge.
I found a non-vegan recipe similar to this years ago in an article in Cuisine Magazine. I used to make that recipe in the pre-vegan years and have since adapted it to this vegan version to enjoy with my Tofu Skewers and Tempe Tacos.