I have talked about this delicious sauce before, and I'll do it again! You can use this magic sauce on so much. It's not limited to its BBQ roots. In fact, it makes a super tasty tempeh marinade, and taco topping! Add some fresh crispy slaw, tangy lime, and creamy avocado, and I promise you will not be disappointed.
- 2 packages of tempeh
- 1 batch Alabama white sauce
- 1/2 bag of slaw mix, or a few cups chopped cabbage
- 1 lime
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 - 2 avocados
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cut tempeh into cubes, and place in a shallow pan or a large zip lock bag. Add half of the Alabama white sauce to the tempeh, and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- In a large skillet, heat a few teaspoons of oil on medium/high.
- Add the tempeh, and the marinade to the pan, and fry tempeh on each side until tempeh browns, and begins to get crispy.
- In a bowl, mix together slaw mix, onion, juice from 1 lime, and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Heat another large pan or griddle, adding a little vegan butter or oil to the pan. Use this pan to heat the tortillas on each side until they begin to crisp. I like to sprinkle a little chili powder and cumin on my tortillas while they are cooking for flavor.
- Add some tempeh, slaw mix, and sliced avocado to each tortilla, drizzling some of the remaining Alabama white sauce on top.
- Top with some fresh cilantro
Serving size 4-6 (depending on if you eat 2 or 3 tacos.) You can use one pack of tempeh, and half the amount of Alabama white sauce for a smaller serving size.