- 1 head romain lettuce
- 1 small bag mixed greens
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 - 1 yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crispy french fried onions (most brands are vegan, but be sure to check)
- 2 medium to large red potatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each, salt, and chili powder
- Wash potatoes but don't peel them. Dice into cubes. Heat a medium sized skillet on medium heat with a few teaspoons of oil. Add the potatoes and a few shakes of salt, and cook until they begin to brown, and crisp. This takes anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on the pan you use. I have learned over time that they will cook, and crisp much faster in a cast iron skillet. Once potatoes are done, set aside.
- Wash and chop all of the veggies, and lettuce.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, chopped veggies, rinsed black beans, crispy onions, and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, and stir well.
- Serve salad topped with southwest dressing.