- 1 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut cream ( from a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Soak cashews overnight, or cover with water and microwave for three minutes. Drain water.
- Refrigerate one can of full fat coconut milk for a few hours. Once it is good and cold, the cream will separate from the liquid in the can. Open and use 1/4 cup of just the cream.
- Add cashews, coconut cream, and remaining ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until the nuts are completely broken down, and the mixture is creamy smooth.
- Put the cream cheese in a shallow bowl, or a few ramekins, and refrigerate for several hours until the cream cheese sets.
*I revised the original amount of 1/4 cup pumpkin for a better consistancy