- 1 and 1/2 cups plant based milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Whisk the dry ingredients together, then mix in milk and vanilla.
- Put batter into a quirt bottle (I used an old school ketchup bottle from the dollar tree) or a zip lock bag with a small hole cut in the corner, so the batter can come out.
- Heat a half inch of oil suitable for frying in a pan until it is sizzling hot. (I use grape seed oil, but you can use peanut, or canola, whatever you normally use for frying)
- Squirt out batter into a squiggle or any other shape you want, and let the dough fry just a minute or two on each side.
- The dough will fry quickly, so once it begins to bubble, and the bubbles pop, its ready to flip.
- Put finished dough on a cooling rack or paper towel- lined plate.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite dip.
Easy chocolate dip
Melt 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips with 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at at time, stirring well each time until fully melted
Mix 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, and a few teaspoons powdered sugar. Stir well until the sauce is completely smooth.