- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup bread crumbs or panko
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded beets
- 1 and 1/2 cups broccoli
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 - 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Dice veggies and sauté in pan with preferred oil until tender. Rinse and drain beans, and add them to the veggies while sautéing.
- Once veggies and beans are done, put them in a food processor or blender and pulse, just to break them down and mix them up a bit.
- Mix quinoa, bread crumbs, and tomato sauce in large bowl.
- Combine veggies with quinoa and bread crumbs.
- Add spices and flax egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour a little at a time, just until it has thickened up a bit and you can form burgers.
- Form burgers and cook in skillet or grill until cooked through. About 10 minutes or so.
This recipe will make around 10 burgers. These burgers freeze nicely as well, making them a perfect recipe for meal prepping.