- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agar powder
- 2 teaspoons light miso paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the milk, and agar.
- Pulse a few times to mix it all up.
- Now add the milk, and agar to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens to the constancy of a thin pudding. This only takes a few minutes.
- Add the milk mixture to the ingredients in the food processor, and mix for about a minute. The mixture will quickly begin to thicken as agar begins to solidify at room temperature.
- Transfer to the mixture to a 9x13 pan, or high sided baking pan.
- Allow the cheese to harden in the refrigerator uncovered for about an hour.
- Once the cheese is set, cut shapes using your favorite cookie cutters. You use the scrap pieces for tacos, soups and chili, on salads, whatever! It will also remelt, so you could use it in quesadillas, nachos, or any other recipe that calls for melty cheese.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.