- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, and 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked in hot water for one hour, or microwaved covered in water for three minutes
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons of light miso paste (if you have a soy allergy skip the miso)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons of tapioca starch, corn starch, or arrow root powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small can of green chili peppers
- A few shakes of your favorite hot sauce
- Once seeds are done microwaving, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add all ingredients, except the chilis and hot sauce, to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Process and blend on high until the mixture is completely smooth (no lumps at all).
- Transfer the mixture to a medium size pot and cook on medium heat, stirring with a whisk continually until the mixture thickens. This only takes a few minutes.
- Once the queso gets to a pudding like texture, remove it from the heat, and mix in the chilis and hot sauce. If you feel like it is too think, you can add a little more water to thin it out.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.