Use 1/2 a batch of vegan mozzarella, or a whole batch if you are extra hungry. Just double the following recipe.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk (I use unsweetened almond)
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Oil for frying
- Cut 4 - 5 mozzarella balls into quarters.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- In a deeper dish, whisk together 2 flax eggs and 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk.
- In another dish mix Italian seasoning, garlic powder and panko.
- Start by dredging the mozzarella pieces first in flour, completely covering the pieces.
- Next, dip the bites in the flax egg mix, letting the excess drip off a little.
- Now, lay the pieces in the panko, gently pressing in the crumbs so they stick to all sides.
- Lay coated mozzarella on a plate.
- Fill a medium size skillet halfway with oil and heat on medium/high heat until nice and hot.
- Once oil is hot, add the mozzarella in batches. Just be careful not to over crowd the pan.
- Let the cheese bites fry on each side until brown and crispy before turning.
- Take a cooling rack, and place it on top of a paper towel line cookie sheet. Place finished mozzarella bites on the rack while you finish frying the rest.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce.
Any leftovers can be reheated in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until heated through.