- 3 cups of all purpose flour plus 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter like Earth Balance
- 1 1/2 cups nut or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
PEHEAT OVEN TO 450 DEGREES
- Add 3 cups of flour, baking powder and salt to bowl and mix with a whisk, making sure it is mixed well.
- Add the butter using your hands to mix it into the dry ingredients, using your fingers to break up the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Pour vinager into the milk and let it sit for a few minutes. Now add milk into the mixture, again using your hands, mix the milk in. THIS IS IMPORTANT: do NOT over mix. You want everything combined, but stop once you get to the point that the dough can be handled. It will likely still be sticky, but the less you mix it, the fluffier the biscuits!
- Sprinkle some of the remaining 1/2 cup of flour onto a clean work surface. Sprinkle enough flour over your dough to be able to handle it.
- Gently pat the dough out on your floured surface until it's about an inch or so thick. Using a biscuit cutter or glass , cut circles out of the dough, patting down the scraps until all of the dough is used.
- Place biscuits together on a backing sheet. It helps them to rise if they are touching.
- Bake biscuits for 10-15 minutes. Once they begin to brown on top check them by pulling one away to see if they are baked through.