- 6 - 8 peeled carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 table spoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of the following: garlic powder, salt, mustard powder, smoked paprika, turmeric
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Boil the peeled carrots until they are soft enough to pierce with a fork, but be careful not to overcook them.
- Remove from water and cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large zip lock bag, then add the cooled carrots.
- Let the carrot marinade in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. I normally prepare the carrots in the morning and they are ready by dinner. The longer they marinate, the more flavorful they will be. You can let them marinate for a day or 2 as well.
- Once the carrots have marinated, they are ready to grill! If you can not grill them, you could alternatively heat them in a skillet for several minutes until cooked through.