- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (Fl Crystals are vegan)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 2-3 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- For the apples, heat a small to medium skillet on medium heat and add butter. Once butter has melted, add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt and reduce heat to low. Allow apples to simmer, and soften while you prepare the pancakes, and pecans. Once apples are soft and a syrup has formed, this takes about 15 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- For the pecans, heat a small skillet on medium heat. Melt the butter, next adding the pecans, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Lower the heat a bit and continue moving the pecans around the pan with a spoon while the sugar melts, and begins to get sticky. The nuts and sugar can burn quickly, so be sure to keep the pecans moving until the sugar becomes fully melted and looks like caramel. This can take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the pan. Once pecans are done, pour them out onto a plastic cutting board or a piece of wax paper allowing them to cool, and the sugar to harden. Once they have cooled you can break them apart and into pieces.
- For the pancakes, whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the melted butter, and plant based milk and stir well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add a 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon of vegan butter or spray the pan with cooking oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out batter into the skillet, 2 or 3 pancakes at time.
- Let pancakes cook until tiny bubbles begin to form and pop. Once this happens they are ready to flip. Cook on the other side for a few minutes, or until the pancakes seem cooked through.
- Repeat, adding more butter or oil to the pan as needed until all batter is used.
- Top finished pancakes with cinnamon apples, candied pecans, and maple syrup to serve.
serves 3-4, You can easily double the recipe for more servings