- 1 loaf of french bread (make sure the bread you choose does not contain milk or eggs)
- 1/2 batch tofu ricotta
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups quartered brussel sprouts
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive or grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all vegetables, oil, garlic, and seasoning to a large bowl and toss, making sure the oil coats all of the vegetables.
- Pour vegetables out on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Make sure they are spread out in a single layer, and not over crowded.
- Place pan in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes to roast. You want the vegetables to be crisp around the edges, and brown but not burned. If they are not very crispy or browning after 25 minutes, leave them in for a few more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a bit.
- Cut bread into 1 inch pieces and place on a cookie sheet, Put bread into the 400 degree oven, and allow to toast for just a few minutes. It will toast up quickly.
- Let bread cool, then spread a tablespoon of ricotta on each piece.
- Top each piece with a spoonful of roasted vegetables.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley and serve.