This recipe works just as well for a quick dinner, as it does a hearty breakfast. The basics are easy! Just add your favorite veggies and sides, and you will have dinner in under 30 minutes!
The basic scramble:
- 1 block of organic extra-firm tofu (wrapped in a clean kitchen towel or paper towels with a heavy plate or some books on top for 5-15 minutes to remove the excess moisture)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped onion
- vegan shredded cheese
- hot sauce
- vegan cheddar sauce
- To make the scramble first take the tofu and either break it into a crumble with your hands, or in a blender or food processor. You just want it to resemble scrambled eggs.
- Next add all of the spices, nutritional yeast, and coconut aminos to the the tofu in a bowl, and mix well.
- If you are adding vegetable, add 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat, and begin cooking the veggies until they begin to soften.
- Next add the tofu to the pan of vegetables. You may need a little extra oil if the tofu seems to be sticking. You can also add a few extra splashes of amnios if the mixture seems dry.
- Heat until the tofu is warmed through and you are ready to eat!
Here are some ways to enjoy your scramble:
- Put it on southern biscuits.
- Put it on toast
- Eat it with crispy potatoes
- Serve with a side of vegan grits