- 1 package baby carrots (you need 32 baby carrots, which is about a small bag)
- 2 cans of store bought crescent dough (most brands are plant based, but read the ingredients on the back to be sure)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (optional)
The carrot marinade
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 table spoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of the following: garlic powder, salt, mustard powder, smoked paprika, turmeric
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix marinade ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish, or a large zip lock bag.
- Boil baby carrots until they are just soft enough to poke a fork in. Be careful not to get the too soft though.
- Drain carrots and add them to your marinade.
- Let the carrots marinate at least 6 - 7 hours. You can start them in the morning and have them for dinner, or marinate them over night for the next day.
- Remove crescent dough from package and cut each triangle of dough in half, creating 2 triangles from each crescent.
- Place carrot on the widest end of the triangle and roll to the end.
- Arrange pigs in a blanket on a cookie sheet. Two packs of crescents yields 32 pigs in a blanket, so you will need 2 cookies sheets. (You can easily half this recipe, and use only one can of crescents, and half the carrots)
- Bake according to crescent package instructions, or for about 10 - 15 minutes at 350.
- Once pigs in a blanket are done and cooled, you can roll them in some vegan parmesan for extra zip, or leave them as is!