- 1 1/2 cups of full fat coconut milk or cream in a can (make sure it's at room temp, and shake the can very well first. You need the liquid as well as the creamy part, and since they tend to separate, a good shake will help mix it back up)
- 1/3 cup vegan plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 melted cup triple refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agar powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons arrow root or tapioca starch
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the milk, and agar.
- Pulse a few times to mix it all up.
- Now add the milk, and agar to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens to the constancy of a thin pudding.
- Add the milk mixture to the ingredients in the food processor, and mix for about a minute. The mixture will quickly begin to thicken as agar begins to solidify at room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 pan.
- Allow the cheese to harden in the refrigerator uncovered for about 2 hours.
- Once the cheese is set, remove from the pan and cut into sticks. Store in an air tight container for up to week.