- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I use almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 - 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Add all ingredients except for the BBQ sauce in a food processor, and blend until a sort of dough forms. Let the dough mix for about a minute.
- If you do not have a food processor, you can combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, combining until forming a dough. Kneed the dough for several minutes by hand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press dough into an 8x8 baking dish. Score the dough with a sharp knife, cutting only about halfway through the dough (don't cut to far, you want then to hold together through grilling.) 8 lines down, then one through the middle making 16 ribs. This will make it easy for them to pull apart after you grill them.
- Bake ribs for 25 minutes
- Remove ribs from oven, and let cool enough to handle.
- Baste ribs with BBQ sauce, then transfer to a heated grill.
- Grill on each side for about 5 minutes, adding more sauce while grilling. You just want to get a little char on them, and some nice grill marks before taking them off of the grill.
- Once done pull the ribs apart, and serve with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.