This easy to make cheese ball is creamy, and tangy. Fresh herbs, garlic, and green onions make it a delicious snack with a cracker, or veggies, or as a sandwich spread.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for a few hours or microwaved for 3 minutes, then drained
- 1/2 cup filtered coconut oil
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic depending on preference
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons, chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT green onions and parsley to a high speed blender or food processor (I actually prefer a food processor for this).
- Process until the mixture is completely smooth. I have noticed because of the volume of the mix, it takes some doing in the vitamix. If using a vitamix you will have to scrape the sides down several times, and use your plunger to keep pushing the mixture down while it blends. It will work, it will just take some time.
- Once mixture is completely smooth, drop in your onions and parsley, and pulse until the greens are broken down and incorporated.
- Line 2 small bowls, or larger ramekins with enough plastic wrap that it hangs over the sides a good bit.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the bowls, pull up the plastic wrap and twist at the top, sealing up the cheese.
- Refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours, or until the cheese is firm. If you are in a hurry, you can pop it in the freezer for a bit, then transfer it to the fridge.
- Store the cheese ball in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Yields 2 cheese balls.