I really love chia seed pudding because it is so simple, delicious, and versatile. You can add all kinds of flavors or toppings to this healthy pudding, depending on your mood. You can always divide the batch between small mason jars and let your family customize their own!
- 3 cups almond, coconut, or oat milk
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1-2 table spoons maple syrup
- Put all ingredients into a large glass mason jar, or any container with a tight fitting lid.
- Stir well and store in fridge for at least 5 hours, or until the pudding has thickened.
- Check on the pudding throughout the day, giving the container a shake (hence the tight lid,) or stir from time to time. The seeds like to settle on the bottom of the container before it begins to thicken. A good shake or stir will help.
- You can also add a little spice like cinnamon or nutmeg if you like. If you want chocolate pudding, you can add a few tablespoons of dark cocoa powder. You can also add a little vanilla, almond, or coconut extract for flavor.
- Top your pudding with chopped nuts, fresh fruit, vegan chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or anythings else you may like!