I have mentioned our small zoo of animal before. It’s utter chaos and I adore it. My husband tolerates it, I ADORE it. Well, maybe I don’t adore cats peeing in places they shouldn’t, dogs barking at NOTHING, chickens and ducks waking me up at the crack of dawn, the endless vacuuming of pet hair, but other than that, I adore them all.
Pets are family. They love you unconditionally, and are ever loyal even when you are not. Our two dogs, Dolly Parton and Patsy Cline, are seriously a hot flaming mess. Medical issues, endless farts, barking and wrestling, fighting over toys like toddlers, pooping in my dining room when they are mad at me, yet I could not imagine a world without them. They are my 5th and 6th children. Actually our children are far better behaved but yeah...
So I decided for everyone else out there that loves their fur babies too, that I would post the easiest little dog treats! Your pups will thank you. They may go poop on a rug later, but that does not mean they are not thankful. It just means they are being a temporary jerk, but I'm sure you had it coming (ok I'm totally kidding, unless you did have it coming).
Easy little (plant based) dog biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 flax or chia seed eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- Mix the softened oil, pumpkin, and flax or chia eggs in bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix well. (I use my hands, you can use whatever you want)
- Once a dough has formed, roll it out 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- Cut biscuits with a dog bone (or whatever shape you like) cutter.
- Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes depending on size of biscuits. You want them to get hard but not burnt.
- Let cool (obviously) before serving them to you sweet pup!