- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegan butter, like Earth Balance
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 8oz container of vegan cream cheese, l like Kite Hill or Tofuti
- 1 and 1/2 cups aquafaba
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of plant based milk
- Preheat oven to 325, and prepare a bunt pan by coating it with some butter and lightly dusting it with flour.
- In a stand mixer, or a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, combine softened butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the aqufaba, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and lightly fold into the butter/ sugar mixture.
- Add the flour, salt, and vanilla, and mix until just well combined, be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the cake.
- Once cake has cooled completely, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze. You may not need all of the milk, depending on the size of your lemon and how much juice is in it. If it seems too watery, you can alway add more powdered sugar to get it to the consistency you desire.
- Carefully turn cake over onto and plate and drizzle glaze on top. You can also add some lemon zest for garnish.