One pot pasta dishes are so easy for quick, yet hearty, weeknight dinners. This recipe is a take on creamy chicken pasta, using jackfruit in place of the chicken, and a quick cashew sauce to create the creaminess. This meal is quick, delicious, and sure to become a staple in your house.
- I package spaghetti noodles (you can use gluten free as well)
- 1 can jackfruit in brine
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in hot water for an hour, or you can microwave them in some water for 3 minutes,
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- A splash of white wine (optional)
- Fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Start by adding your soaked and drained cashews, and 1 cup of water to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Drain the jackfruit and break up the pieces between your finders, or using a fork.
- Now add a few teaspoons of oil to the bottom of a large deep skillet (a skillet that has a lid).
- Next add noodles, then the remaining ingredients on top of the noodles, adding the broth last.
- Turn pot on medium/low heat and let pasta cook with a lid on top for 20 - 25 minutes.
- You will need to stir several times during the cooking process to keep the noodles from sticking to the bottom on the pot.
- Serve topped with fresh basil and vegan parmesan.