- 1 package macaroni , noodles regular or gluten free
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium to large carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking liquid from vegetables
- Dice and boil potatoes, carrots, and onion until softened
- Add cooked and drained vegetables to a high speed blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high until completely smooth
- Mix sauce with cooked noodles and transfer to a 9x13 baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Optionally you can add bread crumbs, vegan shredded cheddar, or both to the top before baking!